Sunday, September 2, 2012

Alone on Stage

Even though I have been singing in public my whole life, I still get nervous when singing a solo alone on stage.  I get cold, sweaty palms, shaky knees, and by the time I am done, I feel like I am going to pass out.  I know a lot, if not all, of this is normal.  But, it's still nerve wracking.

I was asked to sing today at a church in Ohio- where my in-laws live.  And, I really wanted things to be different this time.  The song is only for God's glory anyway- so why should I be nervous?

Instead of praying my normal prayer of, "God please help this go well and may You be praised."  I prayed that God would strip away all those things that make me feel like I am held back (article called HELD BACK).  I prayed that he would take away anything that makes me feel unsure of the GOD GIVEN talent He has given me and that He would be glorified and people would be blessed and be pointed straight to Him.

As you know, I have been struggling with feeling held back, not able, for some reason, to give things my all. Well, God answered my prayer.  I was not nervous one bit, and the song went very well.  It was truly better than anything I have done recently.

My prayers were answered.

My prayers for you are that you also would find those God given talents and use them to the best of your ability to encourage others and glorify God.  That you would not be held back in any way but move forward with the grace, blessing, and mercy of Jesus Christ the Lord.

2 comments: