Tuesday, August 14, 2012

REACH OUT

I have two herniated disks in my back.  There are days when it takes me a hour to loosen up in the morning and there are days when I feel like my goal is to just get through the day.  I am not saying all this to complain, it's just to give you a "background history".

See, someone with a chronic issue can easily get lost in their pain and circumstances, because darn-it, it hurts. And a person can be in this situation for weeks, if not months.  I have had pain off and on for years.  But my pain has been on this time- since October, with little reprieve.  I am very thankful that about 2-3 weeks ago, I did something (who knows what??) that made my back pop!  I am now free of pain- for now.  :-) I have a break for which I am very thankful.  I didn't know how much longer I could take getting worse without any hope of feeling better.  I know full well that the pain can come back at any time.

I have felt so good that I have been able to reach beyond myself to help others.  I spent the morning making meals for a friend that is having physical issues herself.  That's what God wants us to do.  He wants us to be His hands and feet.  So, if you're feeling good right now, get out and help those that God put in your life.  If not, reach out to people and let them know you're hurting.
When we keep to ourselves about our hardships, no one knows what we're going through and when we keep our good times to ourselves we are not helping others.  I take my health for granted, I know that now.  Do you?  So get out there and Reach Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment