Monday, August 20, 2012

The Laundry part 2

Confession #2- I don't have it all together!  My friends could tell you all about it.

Sitting at the computer, typing yet another entry, I have something looming over my shoulder.  In the other room, I have a increasingly mounting blob called my laundry pile.  It is very clean and very happy on that love seat in the family room.  After I am done here, I will go in to the mountain and try to tackle it.

The boys help to process the laundry.  Every day, (SEE THE Chore Chart) one of the kids brings down the dirty laundry, puts it into the washer, and pulls out the dry laundry and places it on the loveseat.  There it sits till I get a chance to fold it.

The helpful thing that I can pass along is the idea of having a separate laundry basket for each person.  As I fold, I put the laundry in the appropriate basket and then the basket gets hauled upstairs.  I actually will place the folded clothes on the floor in front of my children's dresser so I can have the basket back.  The boys will put away their laundry using the labeled drawers to match the labels on the clothes (see Laundry part 1).   I then REPEAT the whole thing a couple/few days later.

One more thing, if someone puts their dirty laundry in the wash inside out, I fold it that way.  Why go through all the extra work of turning their clothes right side out.....cuz guess who has to fix it if they want to wear it?  Hee Hee!

I have let go the notion of having a perfectly clean house with 4 kids.  If you come to my house unexpectedly, you'll see the love seat in it's many stages of laundry processing.  It's ok to not have everything tucked away and hidden all the time.  That's life!  Enjoy it and get the laundry done when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment